The Ontario Government, Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS), and Ontario’s We Are Golf partners have all released safety guidelines for golfing.
Here is a short list of safety protocols compiled from documents published by these organizations. These will be our minimum guidelines for golfing at Sheffield Greens Golf Club. Failure to comply with any of these protocols will result in immediate request to leave the property.
Covid-19 Safety Protocols for Golf
- No person exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 permitted on the premises.
- Tee Times must be booked by phone. Walkups are not permitted.
- You must arrive for your Tee Time no earlier than 15 minutes prior to and no later than 5 minutes before your reservation. Arriving late for your Tee Time could result in cancellation.
- Power Cart rentals are reserved for single riders only, unless the 2 people wishing to rent the cart reside in the same household.
- Maintain 2 Meters of physical distancing at all times
- Leave Flagsticks in the cup at all times. A styrofoam noodle will be place in the cup preventing the ball from going in the hole.
- No high fives or handshakes during or after the round.
- Bunker rakes, ball washers, garbage bins and benches are not permitted on the course
- Tee Times intervals will be adjusted and pace of play will be strictly enforced to maintain physical distancing on the course
- Do not loiter in the parking lot before or after your round
- When your round is complete only enter clubhouse if you need to use the washroom.
Ontario is releasing safety guidelines to protect workers, customers and the general public from COVID-19 as it prepares for a gradual reopening of the provincial economy.
These resources are available for different sectors. They will help employers and workers better understand how to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
sector-specific guidelines for Golf
Ontario’s We Are Golf partners have been working very hard to create a path to safe golf and we are thrilled that this work has resulted in the Ontario Government allowing golf courses to re-open.
Ontario’s We Are Golf – protocols
Thanks You for your cooperation
Tom & Anne Spence