COVID-19 Update for the 2021 Golf Season
In this ever-changing environment, Sheffield Greens Golf Club wants to provide you an update on how we are operating currently. First and foremost, the safety of our Members, Guests, and Staff are our highest priority. We have implemented, and will be strictly enforcing, additional measures and precautions, as mandated by provincial regulation.
Changes to the COVID-19 Policies for Step 1 on June 11, 2021 are in bolded Red.
PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT THE GOLF COURSE:
- If you are sick or feeling sick, do not come to the golf course. Any person experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to use our facility and will be asked to leave the property in accordance with provincial regulation.
- Advance tee time reservations are required; no walk-on play will be permitted until further notice. Tee times may be booked online at sheffieldgreensgolf.ca or over the phone at 705.738.2567
- Tee times have been spaced 10 minutes apart in accordance with provincial regulations.
- Bookings of 2, 3 and 4 golfers will be allowed. Single players will be able to book by phone only on the day of play if space is available.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE GOLF COURSE:
- You must arrive for your Tee Time no earlier than 15 minutes prior to and no later than 5 minutes before your reservation. Late arrival for tee times may result in not being allowed to play.
- Physical distancing of 2M/6FT is required at all times while on the property. This includes all staff interactions as well.
- Prior to entering clubhouse to check-in you must answer NO to all COVID-19 Screening questions for visitors then proceed to use provided hand sanitizer.
- Two customers are permitted in the Clubhouse at a time for check-in. Please follow instructions and markers on the floor.
- The washrooms inside the clubhouse are open with enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures.
- Our Patio will be open beginning Friday June 11 up to 4 people may be seated at a table. We have applied for and have been granted an extended patio beside the existing patio with additional tables. Masks must be worn while on the patio unless you are sitting at a table and eating or drinking a beverage.
- Pull carts will be available and will be disinfected between each use.
- Club Rentals are not available at this time, everyone is required to have their own set of clubs.
- All golf carts are thoroughly disinfected before they are set up in the staging area. Golfers must have a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart. Masks are required if you are sharing a cart with someone that doesn’t live in your household. For those interested in riding in a single golf cart, SGGC will be allowing this option for an upcharge of $5 for 9 holes.
- Please ensure the group in front of you has left the tee box before making your way there, all groups must wait until their assigned tee time before teeing off.
ON THE GOLF COURSE:
- Physical distancing of 2M/6FT is required at all times while on the property.
- The flag must remain in the cup at all times. Please no touching of the flagstick.
- All high touch points have been removed from the golf course. Rakes and ball washers have been removed. Please play preferred lies in the bunker.
- The washroom on the course will be open with regular sanitization procedures.
- We ask that you forgo the traditional after round handshake and invite you to create your own physical distanced solution.
AFTER COMPLETING YOUR ROUND:
- All power and pull cart rental equipment must be returned immediately to the appropriate return area. Please remove any refuse and deposit into garbage can in the return area.
These are our rules and regulations to start the season and they will be amended as we progress thru the 2021 season as directed by the Provincial Government. They are being strictly enforced for your safety and that of our staff, their families, and the general public at large.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this extraordinary time. Our staff is working diligently to provide the best possible experience for our customers in an unprecedented situation. We look forward to seeing you very soon.
Tom & Anne
Sheffield Green Golf Course